Proficient interior valet service is the keynote of superyacht guest service. With this Program, onboard guest comfort can be assured with the knowledge gained from organizing the wardrobe, correct dress codes, unpacking the guest suitcases efficiently to maintaining shoes and clothes, this program is a must, for the successful backdrop to guest service.
What You Get
This GUEST accredited 2-day course teaches Unit 9 of the G.U.E.S.T. Program: the Advanced Valet Services module. Designed specifically for the P.Y.A. G.U.E.S.T. Program by Josephine Ive through the lens of her extensive experience as former Butler to heads of state and luxury venues and as renowned butler trainer, this elite training program will assist your advance from basic Valet Services. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand, predict, and embrace the crucial, detailed elements in the provision of professional service to guests on luxury superyacht vessels.
Students will receive our instruction handbook (also available as PDF for tablets) and upon successful course completion, will be granted their G.U.E.S.T. Yacht Advanced Valet Services Certificate.
Through a combination of classroom type instruction, practical demonstrations, practice exercises, and skills testing, you will develop a working knowledge of the essential elements of advanced valet service, including:
• Important nuances in the relationship between the employer, guest, and valet
• Principles of discretion and confidentiality, and how to maintain them
• Proactive anticipation of employer and guest needs
• Various duties of a valet (including duties as Butler, house person, secretary, and chauffeur)
• Arrangement, return, and storage of guests' laundry
• Proper packing and unpacking of suitcases and other luggage
• Methods of shoe polishing/cleaning
• Management and correct ironing/pressing/starching and folding of guest garments
• Tying of gentlemen's bow ties and other ties
• Preparation and planning personal valet services prior to guest arrival.
This course is taught solely in the English language.
Who Should Attend?
This course was designed for luxury superyacht stewards/stewardesses seeking to advance their interior yachting career. All students must have completed Unit 4: Administration and Human Resources and Unit 7: Advanced Laundry, and have obtained some formal basic training, onboard training, work experience, or a combination thereof.